5 Affordable / Cheap Ways to Get Cool, Stylish Kids Clothes
Posted on 20 January 2015
You've got your own sense of style so you want to dress your baby in hip, stylish clothes that match. The thing is, you don't have a million dollars to spend doing it, and while places like Carters and Baby Gap may be good for some staples, but you're raising a mini individual over here.
Maybe you're like me and you love brands like HuxBaby, Quinn + Fox and Freshly Picked, but at $30-$60 per item, shopping those brands for your littles can add up fast!
So what do you do?
Here are the top 5 tips from parents in our community:
- Become a brand rep for your favourite shops. Brand reps get perks (which are often free clothes) in exchange for posting pictures of your baby looking fresh as hell. Ask your favourite shops how you can apply.
- Sign up for the company newsletter to stay up on the sales. Sometimes you can score some great deals just by being connected to their website.
- Pay the extra for your favourite items and fill in the rest of your baby's wardrobe with basics from big box stores like Carters and Baby Gap.
- Shop small. There are new businesses popping up all the time. The mecca for finding them is Instagram. When small shops are just starting out they do promotions and giveaways, so the more connected you are to what's happening, the better the chance you have of scoring some sweet deals on cool clothes for your baby.
- Recycle what you already own. If you have an old shirt you never wear anymore, there are tons of tutorials online that can teach you how to make it in to a baby creeper, leggings, a hat or a headband. For some of them you don't even have to know how to sew!